I have been craving carbs and dairy lately. So today (when I woke up to a bunch of snow today and a couple of cancelations) I decided to make a Paleo granola to nosh on and eat with our homemade coconut yogurt. This way I am satisfying my cravings and not eating a bunch of stuff (grains and dairy) that I don’t want to.
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped raw macadamia nuts
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup Nutiva organic coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw organic honey
- 1/8 cup organic grade A maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup diced dried pineapple or dates
I have a counter top toaster oven that I usually use and it only has some specific temperatures. I have played with this recipe a bit and the crunchy toasted flavor I wanted was best with these cooking temps and times.
- Mix nuts and seeds. Add the oil, honey, syrup, salt and cinnamon. Fruit goes in after you bake.
- Spread mix on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 285 degrees turn the tray and stirring the granola. Followed by 5-10 minutes (7.5 minutes exactly today) at 320 degrees, stirring frequently. Don’t let it burn!!
- Remove from oven when you have the desired amount of toastiness. Mix in the fruit.
- Lift parchment paper with granola onto cooling rack.